Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Windsor, England

flew overnight from New York to Hesthrow and spent yesterday visiting Nanna Windsor (Eve) and wandering the streets of Windsor and Eton with our tour guide John! He knows so much about the area having grown up here and James was intrigued listening to all his stories about his go-carting down cobbled streets and playing in the castle grounds. We are staying at ClarenCe Hotel www.clarence-hotel.co.uk a lovely little guest house/B&B. Last nite we sat in their garden and had 'cod n chips' with a bottle of red. BTw, the local Indian diary on the corner has an amazing collection of NZ wines! we are really enjoying the tranquility of Windsor after the rush of NY which you can only tolerate for so long.

Eve is looking great for her age and it was beautiful to see her with James. tomorrow we are planning to watch the changing of the guards in the High St, and Ive booked myself for a pedicure - my feet are a mess after all the walking we did in LA and NY.

I wish I could share some pics but our technology is not behaving. I'm writing this blog at 2am, we're all awake as our body clocks are all up the shoot, but must go now and try get back to sleep xxxxxx




2 comments:

  1. Hey goldswains. Sounds like you are having a great time. I bet you wish you were here in the cold. Lots of snow down south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the Ferrari going in Italy??

    ReplyDelete